Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Search query to fetch PCF application instances and its event messages such as start, stop and crash and with the reason

Abhigyan_2907

Hi ,

I want Search query to fetch PCF application instances and its event messages such as start, stop and crash and with the reason. Can anyone help me with the query how to fetch this.

Thanks,

Abhigyan.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@Abhigyan_2907 ,

Assuming that by PCF , you meant Pivotal Cloud Foundry 

Without looking at the sample logs, it's difficult to formulate a search to get the logs. 

There are different log types for applications and based on your requirement , you could search the respective types. 

Have a look at this https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/devguide/deploy-apps/streaming-logs.html 

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which index and sourcetype have the events been ingested into?

0 Karma

Abhigyan_2907

I know the index and sourcetype and pcf instances are coming but what to query to fetch each instances event like stating stopped running crashed with the. Timestamp

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...