Splunk Enterprise

splunk db connect

achille83
Explorer

Hi,

I have a Splunk DB Connect v.2.4.1 upon client platform and I must implement a SQL query to import specific data from Client database to Splunk.

In the subquery previous the final select, I have this construct "Sum(abs(table_column_name)) AS .... " but the launched query give me an error as result.

Is a problem related to App in general, or to App version, or to SQL construct? in alternative, would be better to realize the SQL construct once imported the data in Splunk?

Thanks in advance.

AC 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

achille83
Explorer

Hi, 

I report the query in short format and I hope being enough:

"SELECT DISTINCT
r.*,
r.total
FROM
(SELECT
d.*,
SUM(ABS(d.IMP_MOV_EURO)) AS total
FROM
(SELECT
f.*,
f.IMP_MOV_EURO
FROM
(subquery expression) f
) d
) r "

At the top, in the final select distinct, I must report the column "total" that has been calculated in the previous query with the expression "SUM(ABS(d.IMP_MOV_EURO)) AS total".  SUM(ABS(d.IMP_MOV_EURO)) AS total doesn't work; I also tried with "SUM(CAST(ABS(d.IMP_MOV_EURO)) AS total)" without fortune.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the error?

If you can, please share the full query, masking sensitive parts.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...