Splunk Enterprise

how do i send clustered data to folders named for idx_server/index/ with the coldtofrozenecss3.py script?

morphis72
Path Finder

I have a splunk cluster with ten indexers and I want to start sending frozen data to our ECS solution via S3.

The problem I'm running into is that the script when called puts the data in whatever folder is specified in the script. So all data being frozen from each indexer and index is being written to the same location.

It seems I could solve this by creating a separate script for each indexer but that would have me maintaining a separate script on each indexer as well as for each index I need to freeze. That sounds like a support nightmare.

What is best practice here and how can i bake into the script the correct organizational structure for the buckets to land in on the ECS?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...