Splunk Enterprise

forwarders showing up in forwarder monitoring but not forwarder management splunk

brbell6230

I have about 30 production boxes i'd like to monitor. I have been going through and installing the windows forwarder on the machines and they go on fine showing i'm connected to my indexer. My question is, why are some of the machines not showing up in "hosts" and some are. All of the machines i'm adding are appearing in forwarder monitoring, but not in forwarding management. Some are showing up in hosts and some are not. How do i sync whats showing in forwarding monitor to the rest of my instance?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Forwarders will only show up in forwarder management if you have a deployment server configured and your forwarders are set as deployment clients.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

brbell6230

When you say deployment server, what exactly do you mean by this? Something in addition to my indexer you mean?

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Yes. See the documentation below.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.6/Updating/Aboutdeploymentserver

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...