Splunk Enterprise

adjusting panels width

hariram159
Explorer

i have 3 stats panel in a row, i need first panel width as 40% and 2nd panel as 40% and 3rd panel is 20% (if solution given in pixels its very better)

by the way below is not my requirement
one of scenario 

there solution is given for different types of panel but here i have same type of panel.

it would be better if solution provided from UI itself rather than changes from backend Splunk infra.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@hariram159 The solution is based on panel not viz. If you notice closely it is based on Panel IDs.

Also if you have some hurdles with Splunk Admin uploading the CSS file, the Simple XML CSS extension can remain within Dashboard code as provided in the example. However, if you would want to make CSS re-usable you will have to consider Pre-Built Panel or else moving to a CSS Stylesheet in the appserver/static folder.

What difference do you want to achieve with Pixel and not %? Is the width of Browser/Display always fixed for you and you want the three panels to consume specific width no matter what is the total width of the browser/display? In either, case you can change from percent to Pixels (px) and it should still work the way CSS style overrides are supposed to.

If you are new to Simple XML CSS extension in Splunk or CSS itself read the following excellent Clara-fication blog by @cmerriman https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/splunk-clara-fication-customizing-simplexml-dashbo...

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@hariram159 The solution is based on panel not viz. If you notice closely it is based on Panel IDs.

Also if you have some hurdles with Splunk Admin uploading the CSS file, the Simple XML CSS extension can remain within Dashboard code as provided in the example. However, if you would want to make CSS re-usable you will have to consider Pre-Built Panel or else moving to a CSS Stylesheet in the appserver/static folder.

What difference do you want to achieve with Pixel and not %? Is the width of Browser/Display always fixed for you and you want the three panels to consume specific width no matter what is the total width of the browser/display? In either, case you can change from percent to Pixels (px) and it should still work the way CSS style overrides are supposed to.

If you are new to Simple XML CSS extension in Splunk or CSS itself read the following excellent Clara-fication blog by @cmerriman https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/splunk-clara-fication-customizing-simplexml-dashbo...

hariram159
Explorer

yeah, Thanks i got it now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...