Splunk Enterprise

Why is there Dev/TEST License Issue?

sivakrishna
Path Finder

Hi Team,

We have configured the DEV/TEST license in Splunk On-Prem standalone server. Its working fine on that day.

But after onboarding logs the server, we are facing issue.

when we click on settings==>Licensing==>getting the error like 500 internal server we are unable to see the License window. After onboarding logs also its showing "0%" license consuming out of 50GB in Monitoring Console.

Checked the Splunkd.log getting the error.

Please find the Screen shots FYR.

Internal server error

sivakrishna_0-1691169362182.png

splunkd.log error

sivakrishna_5-1691169927232.png

web.conf

sivakrishna_3-1691169507717.png

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

as you probably haven't any significant and important logs on your instance I propose that you remove your installation, clean filesystem and then reinstall it. 

What OS, Splunk version etc. you have?

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

as you probably haven't any significant and important logs on your instance I propose that you remove your installation, clean filesystem and then reinstall it. 

What OS, Splunk version etc. you have?

r. Ismo

mfonisso
Explorer

how can this be done for a windows system please

0 Karma

DanielPi

Hi @mfonisso,

I’m a Community Moderator in the Splunk Community.

This question was posted 1 year ago, so it might not get the attention you need for your question to be answered. We recommend that you post a new question so that your issue can get the  visibility it deserves. To increase your chances of getting help from the community, follow these guidelines in the Splunk Answers User Manual when creating your post.

Thank you! 

0 Karma

sivakrishna
Path Finder

I have already done the Splunk Reinstallation and checked the same issue occurring.

1. May I know How to clean the file system??

2. Is there any issue will happen to the License file if we do these activities?? getting worried about License file.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Full removing and cleaning the system is dependent on your OS. e.g. RH based you need to do like

sudo -s
# stop splunk e.g.
systemctl stop Splunkd # or what ever name you are using
# or
# su - splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunk stop
ps -fe|egrep splunk # to ensure that it's not running
yum remove splunk
rm -fr /opt/splunk #(or what ever your place for it is)

In windows it could need some registry cleanings too?

When you are doing full remove, you remove also your license file which are under /opt/splunk. But I think that you have it also on your email, where you could get it back?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...