Splunk Enterprise

Why am I unable to download apps in Splunk?

Vineedee
Loves-to-Learn

I am unable to install apps on SPLUNK, even though my username and password are correct. I tried with both my solunk.com credentials and also with my Splunk enterprise credentials. I tried clearing cookies, logging out and also tried changing my password and logging in.  May I please know if there is any other method to solve this issue.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understood right you are trying to install additional Splunk apps via Splunk GUI?

Can you connect to splunkbase and see some of those apps when you have clicked Apps -> Browse more apps? If yes then connection has established ok. If not then there are some FW issues which needs to solve first or otherway you must 1st download those apps to your local workstation and then install those as a "install app from file".

If the connection is working and you push install button, then it ask your "splunk.com" account. But before you can use it, you must login one time via web browser to splunkbase.splunk.com and create "technical" account there, which is actually same than you have in splunk.com, even it's is a separate entity (if I have understood right). After you have create your account to splunkbase then that installation should works as expected.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

danielcj
Communicator

Hello @Vineedee , could you please post the error that you are facing? Maybe a firewall rule is blocking your access to download splunk apps from splunkbase.

0 Karma

Vineedee
Loves-to-Learn

The error is invalid login and password. I used my splunkbase login and also my splunk app login . It isn't taking in any

0 Karma

billmd94
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm having the exact same issue. Splukd log has this error message-

var/log/splunk/splunkd.log:12-07-2022 15:10:17.669 -0600 ERROR X509 [28055 TcpChannelThread] - X509 certificate (CN=splunkbase.splunk.com,O=Splunk Inc.,L=San Francisco,ST=California,C=US) common name (splunkbase.splunk.com) did not match any allowed names (apps.splunk.com,cdn.apps.splunk.com)

I've Splunk, Splunk Community, and Splunkbase accounts and can download apps manually from there. User credentials however are rejected in the Splunk Apps UI. Creds are alphanumeric with special characters.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...