Splunk Enterprise

What should sourcename override and connection form filled in for UDP TCP in monitor when add data?

jliaw
Explorer

In monitor, using TCP and UDP sourcetype, what should be filled in at source name override and connection form be filled? And how to use the same port or remove the old port ?

Using Splunk llight, Windows10.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

manish_singh_77
Builder

jliaw
Explorer

Hi Manish. Thanks for your answer. I have read through the suggested web and have difficulty in looking the Splunk bin. Is that only available for Splunk enterprise? I'm using Splunk Light.

manish_singh_77
Builder

Hi jliaw,

It seems Splunk light have "$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk" as per the below mentioned link.

"http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.1.1/Installation/UpgradeSplunkLight".

If you are using cloud version then you will not have access for the same, check & let me know in case of any queries.

jliaw
Explorer

Thanks for your answer! I will find out more about Splunk Light free trial Vs Splunk light and Splunk Light free Vs Splunk Enterprise free trial.

manish_singh_77
Builder

Sure, please check and let me know if you have any queries, I will also try to get more detailed information on it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...