Splunk Enterprise

What do I do with this error: The maximum number of concurrent historical searches on this instance has been reached.

rksk
Explorer

Hello Team,

Before I got this error I can't able to upload a .csv or .txt file it shows a blank screen or no data in the excel as 200 lines. 

Then I mapped the directories through settings >> data input 

it take a while to load and on search, I got this message 

"The maximum number of concurrent historical searches on this instance has been reached."

Why I got this error after 3 days of installing Splunk enterprise free edition?

any help is greatly appreciated 

thank you

rksk

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PaulPanther
Builder

Okay, you should consider to reinstall the Splunk Enterprise from the scratch and try to ingest the file again via "Add data"

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

Do you have any license violation warnings which may prevent searching? What is the size of the csv file?

0 Karma

rksk
Explorer

I don't see any license violation warning, The csv file size is 125 kb

Two more messages  ..

The TCP output processor has paused the data flow. Forwarding to host_dest= inside output group default-autolb-group from host_src=training has been blocked for blocked_seconds=10. This can stall the data flow towards indexing and other network outputs. Review the receiving system's health in the Splunk Monitoring Console. It is probably not accepting data. Learn more.11/9/2022, 1:45:39 AM
Unable to initialize modular input "ssg_subscription_modular_input" defined in the app "splunk_secure_gateway": Introspecting scheme=ssg_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1)..11/9/2022, 1:45:19 AM

Unable to initialize modular input "ssg_subscription_modular_input" defined in the app "splunk_secure_gateway": Introspecting scheme=ssg_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1)..11/9/2022, 1:45:19 AM

0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

Okay, you should consider to reinstall the Splunk Enterprise from the scratch and try to ingest the file again via "Add data"

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...