Splunk Enterprise

Upgrading app lost kvstore objects (TenableAppForS

donelliot
Path Finder

I thought I was following OK practice as these were customisations to collections.conf and transforms.conf and savedsearches.conf in the local directory

But it appears the app owner just got rid of them when I upgraded to 5.0.0 to 5.1.0

Working to recover the situation and have pinged the developer. The data should be recreated

Was it my fault by adding stanzas to a commercial app ? or should I have been protected if I stuck to local copies ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

donelliot
Path Finder

As before I just clicked on upgrade in the management of apps screen and it seems to have emptied the local directory ! restoring from a backup

0 Karma

donelliot
Path Finder

I got  an all-in one setup, and just download the app without pre-testing - my bad

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok. But how did you update them? Using the "apps" screen in splunk webui? By downloading them manually and installing them from cli?

0 Karma

donelliot
Path Finder

I'm fairly sure by clicking on the update hint  from the manaagement screen /en-US/manager/launcher/apps/local

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you had your definitions in app/local directory, it should have been retained across upgrades. The app should overwrite the app/default directory (and therefore you should never directly edit files there) but your local files shouldn't be touched.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is your environment? Do you use all-in-one setup or do you have search-head cluster? How do you deploy apps? How did you upgrade the app?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...