Splunk Enterprise

Upgrade procedure and compatibility

appli49

Bonjour,

Nous prévoyons de réaliser un upgrade de Splunk Enterprise. Actuellement nous avons 2 noeuds en version 8.0.6. Nous aimerions monter la version en 8.2.2.

Nous utilisons entre autre les app suivantes : 

Splunk Add-on for Blue Coat ProxySG Splunk_TA_bluecoat-proxysg 3.6.0
Splunk Add-on for F5 BIG-IP Splunk_TA_f5-bigip 3.1.0
Pulse Connect Secure Splunk_TA_pulse_connect_secure 1.1.3
WALLIX Bastion TA-WALLIX_Bastion 1.0.4

Faut-il prévoir un upgrade de ces app avec la version Splunk Enterprise 8.2  ?

Nous utilisons également des universal Forwarder en version 7.0 . Seront-ils toujours compatibles avec Splunk 8.2 ?

Merci,

Jean-Christophe Hermitte

Labels (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Go to Splunkbase page for all those app and see if they're compatible with Splunk 8.2.2. If they're you don't have to upgrade (you may want to read the Release Notes for newer version of apps to see if a new feature got added that you might like).

Read this for forwarder compatibility: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VersionCompatibility/current/Matrix/Compatibilitybetweenforwar...

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the existing version of each app is compatible with 8.2.2 then there is no need to upgrade that app.  If a newer version is needed to be compatible with 8.2.2. then upgrade the app.  Splunkbase will have this information.

Compatibility between forwarders and indexers is documented at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VersionCompatibility/current/Matrix/Compatibilitybetweenforwar...

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...