Splunk Enterprise

Unusual behaviour identified in SPL

_pravin
Communicator

Hi Community,

I have an SPL query that runs from a savedsearch in Splunk Enterprise. When I run the query I am able to get the output but when I try to run the same query from the Linux server using a curl command I do not get any response.

I have verified if the curl is able to connect to the API and obtain a response by getting the status code in the output.

Example of the curl command: /usr/bin/curl -sSku username:password https://splunk:8089/servicesNS/admin/search/search/jobs/export -d search="| savedSearch Trading_test host_token=MTE_MTEDEV_Greening time_token.earliest=-30d time_token.latest=now " -d output_mode=csv -d exec_mode=oneshot > output.csv

I was trying to break the problem to check where it might have gone wrong. I found that the savedsearch I was using had a table command to limit the number of columns generated.

So I created a new savedsearch to without any tables and I was able to get the output as raw data.

This is such unusual behaviour that I am not able to figure out what would have gone wrong.

Could anyone let me know why is this causing a problem? Are there some other alternatives that I can use to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pravin

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...