Splunk Enterprise

Universal Forwarder Windows Server 2019 support

montgomeryam
Path Finder

Any ideas on when or if it will be supported soon?

The current Universal Forwarder do not say they even support Windows Server 2016, so I was hoping to get some idea on when to expect them to fully support Windows Server 2019.

Thank you for any insight!

Tags (1)

larmesto
Path Finder

I've checked with Splunk PS and Windows 2019 it is not support at this point in time. The expected timeline is Mid April to early May.

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator
0 Karma

dsctm3
Path Finder

This is in regards to Windows Server 2019 🙂

0 Karma

montgomeryam
Path Finder

Yes this is primarily about Windows 2019 support. Until the release of 7.2.4, the Universal Forwarder download page here failed to mention that Windows Server 2016 was supported.

What's funny, since this thread began almost a month ago, someone went back and added Windows Server 2016 as supported on all of the Universal Forwarder documentation. Of course I can't prove that, but that is why I mentioned it in my original post.

0 Karma

dsctm3
Path Finder

Someone from the inside told me in a non-committal way that a release supporting Win2k19 might drop in April.

0 Karma

zindain24
Path Finder

Bump - We also need to know when forwarders will be supported on server 2019.

Thanks!,

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

I downvoted this post because ugh, it went to negative one, not zero

0 Karma

abarringer4977

We are wondering the same thing. The latest installer doesn't seem to install on server 2019 in silent mode, which is how we need to install it. Splunk Support, any word?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...