Splunk Enterprise

Trying to make git repo in Splunk files, but git does not work?

hunterpj
Path Finder

I am trying to see if I could make a git repository in the Splunk files to have git realize when a dashboard has been changed or when an alert was made, however I keep on getting the following error:
"Could not initialize a new repository. libgit2 returned: failed to make directory 'C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\APPNAME/.git': Access is denied."

Is there a way to get a git repo in the Splunk files?

If not, is there any other way to recognize when an app has been altered (i.e when a dashboard or alert was made/edited), distribute said app to different servers, and replace the already existing app with the edited one? (or at least some form of source control)

NOTE: I have stopped Splunk and tried to create the file as Splunk was stopped, yet it didn't work. This is Splunk version 7.1.1.

Thanks for the help,
hunterpj

0 Karma
1 Solution
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...