After downloading Splunk, I tried to connect to Splunk Enterprise and was successful for two separate sessions over a three day span. Now when I attempt to connect I receive an error on the new window:
Either localhost:8000 refused to connect or HTTP 404 error
As this is the second occurrence, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled twice on my desktop and laptop. Still no change in performance. After 2-3 sessions the next attempt and everyone there after results in a failed connection. I have tried using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
I have tried to connect to 127.0.0.1and that works (I was told that could be the issue regarding the localhost error).