Splunk Enterprise

Splunk health check

SamHTexas
Builder

Does any one please have a short list of how tp run health checks on my Splunk Enterprise & ES daily. please share the SPL that applies.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to Settings->Monitoring Console->Health Check and click the Start button.

For a more specific answer, please ask a more specific question, including the key health check items you want.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

Thanks very much for your message & help as always. I am aware of the monitoring console. My company has told us not to install it for some reasons !! I am looking for example how to check the health of all my Forwarders or Indexers , Storage or even S3 etc. If you have any SPL queries for these, I owe you a great lunch some day. If you wonder to Texas. The lunch is on me. Thx 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you want to be pedantic about it, tell your company the monitoring console is installed out of the box so you don't need to *install* it just *use* it.  It's the tool Splunk expects customers to use to monitor their environment.  Anything else is just re-inventing the wheel.

If that's not successful then know the SPL is still available.  See $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/default/savesearches.conf and $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/default/data/ui/views/*.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...