2. change admin pass from web ui

3. Restart splunk docker instance

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The reason why this failed on after first run is that you have changed admin password to different that you have configured on your docker conf file. When it try to login into splunk via REST endpoint with user and password it cannot as it has old password. You could fix this by changing your current admin password into docker config file and run it again.

View solution in original post

Ashish_Thakur
Explorer

Hi Isoutamo,

thanks for reply,

I did not change anywhere just gui i changed password and did a restart from portainer for my docker, since testing it out in homelab enviroment, 

I have documented a video and log, if u r interested I can share.

log : https://pastebin.com/6BHr0t93

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The reason why this failed on after first run is that you have changed admin password to different that you have configured on your docker conf file. When it try to login into splunk via REST endpoint with user and password it cannot as it has old password. You could fix this by changing your current admin password into docker config file and run it again.

Ashish_Thakur
Explorer

thank you so much, 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
After you have change password on GUI have you changed it also into docker config / force it from env when you are starting docker?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...