Splunk Enterprise

Splunk app for AWS - Insights service unavailable

yakimorad

Hello, 

I have setup the Splunk App for AWS on Splunk Enterprise and it is working quite well except for the Topology dashboard that requires the Python for Scientific Computing application to function. 

After installing the app the AWS keeps giving the error "Insights Service unavailable The Insights Service depends on the Python for Scientific Computing application, which is not installed or incorrectly configured." 

My splunk version is 7.3.6 and i have installed Python for Scientific Computing application version 1.4. 

Splunk App for AWS is on version:6.0.2 Splunk Add-on for AWS is on version 4.6.1

I have tried uninstalling and restarting but the result is the same. 

Any suggestions ? 

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

norbertsoltesz

Hi Yakimorad,

I was having the same troubble and just wanted to share my experience. (Don't know if you have had the luck resolving it.) After struggling I have found in the documentation that the AWS App needs two specific versions (1.1 and 1.2) of the Python  for scientific computing app.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AWS/6.0.2/Installation/Hardwareandsoftwarerequirements

The GUI will install the latest verion so I needed to download the specified versions from splunkbase. Installed the app from file and the insights and other depended boards are happy now.

Cheers 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...