Splunk Enterprise

Splunk RPM

ayushkmr08

Hi, 
We are using Splunk RPM package for installing splunk but before installing it we want to add some file to that package and  repack it as RPM and then use it to install on other machines. 

Anybody please help me on that ..

Thanks In Advance

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ephemeric
Contributor
0 Karma

ephemeric
Contributor

May we know what file this is? I would recommend against unpacking and repacking the rpm as pointed out.

One can build a rpm but the process is complicated and *.spec files are convoluted at best.

If I know the file you wish to include, which should be deployed via some other mechanism like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, I can offer advice.

You can do a script with the rpm inline as an option.

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

You can download the tarball and extract it, add your files, then re-build that as an RPM. The catch will be that your "new" RPM won't pass the hash checking by yum or dnf so you would have to override that.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

ayushkmr08

@codebuilder  Can you  please elaborate the process. I am able to extract the RPM package but not sure how to rebuild or repack it as RPM

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

You would use rpmbuild to create a new package, but what are exactly are you trying to accomplish?
There's likely a much easier solution than trying to re-package Splunk.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...