Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Enterprise Installation error.

sonapurkayastha

I am facing issues while installing Splunk Enterprise splunk-8.0.4.1-ab7a85abaa98-x64-release where it is rolling back again.  Please suggest if there is any pre-requisites before installing Splunk Enterprise. Do I need to install Python SDK?

Error Message: 

sonapurkayastha_0-1593024075842.png

Error Message::::

This appears to be your first time running this version of Splunk.
23:39:47
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunk.exe" _internal first-time-run --answer-yes --no-prompt >> "C:\Users\SONA-S~1\AppData\Local\Temp\splunk.log" 2>&1"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-3.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\clilib\cli.py", line 25, in <module>
import splunk.clilib.control_api as ca
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-3.7\lib\site-packages\splunk\clilib\control_api.py", line 23, in <module>
import splunk.clilib.i18n as i18n
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk.clilib.i18n'

Labels (2)
0 Karma

The_Simko
Path Finder

Is this a clean install, or an upgrade over an existing?

If clean install, check permissions and make sure you have the right version (64-bit, windows).  

You can also try the install as an administrator to see if it gets through.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...