Splunk Enterprise

Sourcetype issue -Splunk addon for Microsoft Windows Active Directory

franciscof
Explorer

Hi guys, i've been trying to configure the Splunk app for windows infrastructure and for that I've previously installed the addon you see on the subject. But when I'm running the data check I see that the ActiveDirectory* sourcetype that I need to see , is not returning any events. See below:

franciscof_0-1604001338224.png

What could this be?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Ibbers
Explorer

I had the same problem last week (still on my first deployment project of Splunk), and once I went through the inputs it all flowed.

I had better results too when I specified the indexes for each sourcetype - had been getting some results into main for some instead of msad until then.

0 Karma

Ibbers
Explorer

check your inputs.conf In Splunk Add-On for Windows - likely you haven't enabled the desired types so the forwarders aren't sending it. Remember it'll probably need to be deployed to your universal forwarders.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...