Splunk Enterprise

Invalid key in stanza [webhook] alert_actions.conf splunk forwarder

spisiakmi
Communicator

Hi, can anybody help, please?

I'm using Splunk Universal Forwarder 9.0.4 (build de405f4a7979) and from 15.07.2023 I have no indexed data in Splunk. .After restart there is only 1 error:

Invalid key in stanza [webhook] in C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\system\default\alert_actions.conf, line 229: enable_allowlist (value: false).
Your indexes and inputs configurations are not internally consistent. For more information, run 'splunk btool check --debug'

I tried this step:

1. removed 
[webhook]
enable_allowlist = false

or

2. changed it into true

nothing helped. Any advice, please?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

spisiakmi
Communicator

The problem has been fixed by splunk admins. Unfortunately I don't know how. Problem appeared when they deleted old indexers from the cluster and the still have been configured on the FW side.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

spisiakmi
Communicator

The problem has been fixed by splunk admins. Unfortunately I don't know how. Problem appeared when they deleted old indexers from the cluster and the still have been configured on the FW side.

0 Karma

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I doubt that error is causing your data ingest issue, since "enable_allowlist" appears to be an invalid option for the alert_actions.conf file that came with the Splunk UF software. You can safely ignore that error.

It's also a known issue on Splunk UF v9.0.4: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Enterprise/Invalid-Key-in-alert-actions-conf-after-upgrade-to...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...