Splunk Enterprise

Invalid key in stanza [webhook] alert_actions.conf splunk forwarder

spisiakmi
Communicator

Hi, can anybody help, please?

I'm using Splunk Universal Forwarder 9.0.4 (build de405f4a7979) and from 15.07.2023 I have no indexed data in Splunk. .After restart there is only 1 error:

Invalid key in stanza [webhook] in C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\system\default\alert_actions.conf, line 229: enable_allowlist (value: false).
Your indexes and inputs configurations are not internally consistent. For more information, run 'splunk btool check --debug'

I tried this step:

1. removed 
[webhook]
enable_allowlist = false

or

2. changed it into true

nothing helped. Any advice, please?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

spisiakmi
Communicator

The problem has been fixed by splunk admins. Unfortunately I don't know how. Problem appeared when they deleted old indexers from the cluster and the still have been configured on the FW side.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

spisiakmi
Communicator

The problem has been fixed by splunk admins. Unfortunately I don't know how. Problem appeared when they deleted old indexers from the cluster and the still have been configured on the FW side.

0 Karma

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I doubt that error is causing your data ingest issue, since "enable_allowlist" appears to be an invalid option for the alert_actions.conf file that came with the Splunk UF software. You can safely ignore that error.

It's also a known issue on Splunk UF v9.0.4: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Enterprise/Invalid-Key-in-alert-actions-conf-after-upgrade-to...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...