Splunk Enterprise

Hunting an APT with Splunk - Reconnaissance

lorraine
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello!
I am new to Splunk and attempting the BOTS workshop, Hunting an APT with Splunk - Reconnaissance, and have encountered an issue.
Following the video, I tried to access the identity centre, asset centre and the Frothly environment network diagram.
However none of these are working for me.
The Frothly environment shows a blank screen.
The Identity and Asset centres show an error in 'inputlookup' command: External command based lookup 'identity_lookup_expanded is not available because KV store initialisation has failed.
Does anyone have any idea how to get around this, or has anyone else encountered this error?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kprior201
Explorer

If the KVStore initialization has failed, you'll definitely have a lot of issues. You'll need to figure out why that is by looking through $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/mongod.log to see what's going on there and address it first.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...