Splunk Enterprise

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids?

rberman
Path Finder

Supposing I have two events which have a JSON field "groups" as 1 or multiple lists of name value pairs. So there can be 1...N lists of name value pairs and 1...N name, value pairs within one list. I asked the following question https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/How-can-I-parse-key-value-pairs-from-JSON/m-p/6... to find out how to parse one list of 1...N name value pairs. Now I am trying to figure out how to parse events where it is possible to have 1...N lists of 1...N name value pairs. 

Example

event 1:   groups = [ {"name1":"id1", "name2":"id2", "name3":"id3", "name4":"id4"}, { "name10":"id10", "name11": "id11"} ]  

event 2:  groups = [ { "name20":"id20", "name21": "id21", "name22":"id22", "name23": "id23"}]

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids as follows:

names ids
event 1

["name1", "name2", "name3", "name4"]

["name10", "name11"]

["id1", "id2", "id3", "id4"]

["id10", "id11"]

event 2 ["name20", "name21", "name22", "name23"] ["id20", "id21", "id22", "id23"]

You can use this to create the example data: 

| makeresults format=json data="[{\"groups\"[{\"name1\":\"id1\",\"name2\":\"id2\",\"name3\":\"id3\",\"name4\":\"id4\"},  {\"name10\":\"id10\",\"name11\":\"id11\"}]}, {\"groups\":[{\"name20\":\"id20\",\"name21\":\"id21\",\"name22\":\"id22\",\"name23\":\"id23\"}]}]"

Thank you so much for any help you can give in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...