Splunk Enterprise

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids?

rberman
Path Finder

Supposing I have two events which have a JSON field "groups" as 1 or multiple lists of name value pairs. So there can be 1...N lists of name value pairs and 1...N name, value pairs within one list. I asked the following question https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/How-can-I-parse-key-value-pairs-from-JSON/m-p/6... to find out how to parse one list of 1...N name value pairs. Now I am trying to figure out how to parse events where it is possible to have 1...N lists of 1...N name value pairs. 

Example

event 1:   groups = [ {"name1":"id1", "name2":"id2", "name3":"id3", "name4":"id4"}, { "name10":"id10", "name11": "id11"} ]  

event 2:  groups = [ { "name20":"id20", "name21": "id21", "name22":"id22", "name23": "id23"}]

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids as follows:

names ids
event 1

["name1", "name2", "name3", "name4"]

["name10", "name11"]

["id1", "id2", "id3", "id4"]

["id10", "id11"]

event 2 ["name20", "name21", "name22", "name23"] ["id20", "id21", "id22", "id23"]

You can use this to create the example data: 

| makeresults format=json data="[{\"groups\"[{\"name1\":\"id1\",\"name2\":\"id2\",\"name3\":\"id3\",\"name4\":\"id4\"},  {\"name10\":\"id10\",\"name11\":\"id11\"}]}, {\"groups\":[{\"name20\":\"id20\",\"name21\":\"id21\",\"name22\":\"id22\",\"name23\":\"id23\"}]}]"

Thank you so much for any help you can give in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...