Splunk Enterprise

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids?

rberman
Path Finder

Supposing I have two events which have a JSON field "groups" as 1 or multiple lists of name value pairs. So there can be 1...N lists of name value pairs and 1...N name, value pairs within one list. I asked the following question https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/How-can-I-parse-key-value-pairs-from-JSON/m-p/6... to find out how to parse one list of 1...N name value pairs. Now I am trying to figure out how to parse events where it is possible to have 1...N lists of 1...N name value pairs. 

Example

event 1:   groups = [ {"name1":"id1", "name2":"id2", "name3":"id3", "name4":"id4"}, { "name10":"id10", "name11": "id11"} ]  

event 2:  groups = [ { "name20":"id20", "name21": "id21", "name22":"id22", "name23": "id23"}]

How would I extract the data so that I have the data in fields names and ids as follows:

names ids
event 1

["name1", "name2", "name3", "name4"]

["name10", "name11"]

["id1", "id2", "id3", "id4"]

["id10", "id11"]

event 2 ["name20", "name21", "name22", "name23"] ["id20", "id21", "id22", "id23"]

You can use this to create the example data: 

| makeresults format=json data="[{\"groups\"[{\"name1\":\"id1\",\"name2\":\"id2\",\"name3\":\"id3\",\"name4\":\"id4\"},  {\"name10\":\"id10\",\"name11\":\"id11\"}]}, {\"groups\":[{\"name20\":\"id20\",\"name21\":\"id21\",\"name22\":\"id22\",\"name23\":\"id23\"}]}]"

Thank you so much for any help you can give in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...