Splunk Enterprise

How to view all sources

super_saiyan
Communicator

hello everyone,

i ran a search query and in "source" section i can see 100+ results.

but when i clicked on it i was only able to see 10 sources.

how can i see / view all sources ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The list of fields on the left shows only fields which are present in a certain percentage of returned events (at least 20% if I'm not mistaken). And if you click o them you indeed get top 10 values for each field.

This is useful for a quick overview and initial exploration of your data but to get some more specific results, you have to search for them explicitly.

In your case you might wan to do

<your_search> | stats values(source)

or

<your_search> | stats count by source

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you cannot see those on that box. But you could write SPL to see those. One simple way is e.g. 

| dedup source
| table source 

There are lot of different queries which you could do for this. 
r. Ismo

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The list of fields on the left shows only fields which are present in a certain percentage of returned events (at least 20% if I'm not mistaken). And if you click o them you indeed get top 10 values for each field.

This is useful for a quick overview and initial exploration of your data but to get some more specific results, you have to search for them explicitly.

In your case you might wan to do

<your_search> | stats values(source)

or

<your_search> | stats count by source
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...