Splunk Enterprise

How to plot response time against _time field

shashank_24
Path Finder

Hi, I am trying to plot the response time values against _time field. I am aware of the timechart and stats command which i can use to calculate the average or percentile but what i would want is to plot the actual values over time.

I have the below query where I want field responseTime on y-axis vs _time on x-axis with actual values and not the average. Is that possible to do without using transforming commands?

index=test host="serverer-p*" RESPONSE "uri=[/checkout/my-app]" 
| rex field=_raw"\[(?<responseTime>[^\s]+)"

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

What happens if you just add

|table _time,responseTime  and select a visualization

Happy Splunking!

shashank_24
Path Finder

@renjith_nair You would say I was stupid. I was actually trying that but instead of table I was using fields command. With table command it works. Thank you.

index=test host="serverer-p*" RESPONSE "uri=[/checkout/my-app]" 
| rex field=elapsedTime "\[(?<responseTime>[^\s]+)"
| table _time responseTime

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@shashank_24, glad to know 🙂 .  Appreciate an upvote and you may close the question by accepting as a solution

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...