Splunk Enterprise

How to monitoring the Log Files in Splunk Light?

Bone8Head
Engager

Hello everybody, I got a question.

With Splunk Light Version, it is possible monitoring differents LOG Files (.txt)?
For example, I have 3 differents Files .txt on 3 differents Servers, and I need that Splunk Light warns me when there is a problem in it, for example if he finds the word "Warning" in it.
It is possibile? If yes, how?

Thank you very much in advance.

M

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mitzkowitz_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

M,

Yes you can monitor those logs files inside of Splunk Light. I'd suggest reviewing the documentation on getting data in (you can either monitor the directories that those files sit in or forward those files into Splunk) as well as look at this video on basic search in Splunk because you will use search to find those occurrences of "Warning". If you have the paid version of Splunk Light you can also setup monitoring and alerts to proactively tell you about occurrences of "Warning".

View solution in original post

mitzkowitz_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

M,

Yes you can monitor those logs files inside of Splunk Light. I'd suggest reviewing the documentation on getting data in (you can either monitor the directories that those files sit in or forward those files into Splunk) as well as look at this video on basic search in Splunk because you will use search to find those occurrences of "Warning". If you have the paid version of Splunk Light you can also setup monitoring and alerts to proactively tell you about occurrences of "Warning".

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...