Splunk Enterprise

How to get a list or details of indexes based on the cluster/group they are residing on?

psamuel69
Explorer

Hello Splunkers ,

I am in need of finding a list of Indexes that are from a particular indexer cluster or group.

Like when you go to DMC and look for Indexes and volumes(Indexes and Volumes: Instance) , there is an option to filter them via Groups .I want a similar search that can be powered from the _internal log or some other rest endpoint from a search head .
Thanks in advance !
Sam

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

When you are knowing those group names you can use those on rest calls like

|rest splunk_server_group=dmc_group_cluster_master splunk_server_group="dmc_indexerclustergroup_cluster-name" /services/cluster/master/indexes

This should run on MC where some of those gourds are automatically defined and you could create more groups as needed.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

psamuel69
Explorer

Thank you for your response .
As an out of the box functionality Splunk DMC doest provide those filters and i can use them on the DMC host to create me Dashboards etc .

But my question is in terms of how to get the same group related info available on the Search Heads , so that i can save a Dashboard or alert using the same .

Use case : To know which region a index is getting its data from  .

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could replace all splunk_server_group definitions wit one splunk_server=<your indexers with suitable expression like idx*>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...