Splunk Enterprise

How to format HTML data into Splunk tabular data?

jimsplunk1

I would like to inquire if there is a way we can transform our html data into tabular data in Splunk once indexed? I am using the Jira Confluence get content and retrieves html data (confluence page). We would like to index this data in Splunk using AddOn Input (configured in Splunk AddOn Builder Python Code) and uses BeautifulSoup library for python for parsing. Also, I believe transform.conf and props.conf will help to format our data indexed. However, these setup seems difficult for there are wide formatting needed since not all pages were same and to submit it in Splunk.

(eg. Create a Splunk dashboard that will get each confluence page information like table data, header data, etc.)

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...