Splunk Enterprise

How to filter fields in my logs before to index in splunk enterprise using ingest actions?

Alejandro1195
Engager

Hello, I need help to filter fields of an event and in this way reduce the size of the log before indexing it in splunk, I was reviewing the documentation and using ingest actions it is possible to exclude events based on regular expressions, however I do not need to exclude events if not specific fields

Labels (1)
0 Karma

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

I'd use SEDCMD in props.conf. You can find more details in the props.conf.spec. This is used for anonymization, but it should also work for your use case.

If you want detailed steps to set it up, you can follow this guide: Anonymize data with a sed script.

smurf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...