Splunk Enterprise

How to create a search in dashboard that show the time, user, hostname, and URL a list of users are visiting?

tlcconsulting
Loves-to-Learn Lots

How do I create a search that would display:

The time, user, hostname, and URL those a list of users are visiting.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

tlcconsulting
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Not understanding what you're asking for.  Are you looking for indexers, source/sourcetype.. etc ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The events themselves, for example, lines from a log that has been ingested - how you identify users, url, host - or do you already have these fields?

| table _time hostname user url

0 Karma

tlcconsulting
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have a list of host name I want to search.  Basically, with these users, i will to be able to search on what URL's they go to.  when they go to them...etc.  This is in a secure environment.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with some training/tutorials, or perhaps some of the example dashboards and see how you can adapt them to your situation.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please can you share a sample of the events you have ingested into splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...