Splunk Enterprise

How to configure Splunk UF?

Shakeer_Spl
Explorer

Splunk UF

Hi folks,
Seeking help I am new to splunk I am trying to configure splunk UF, I have two vm's both vm's installed windows 10 however both vm's are communicating with each other in one VM I installed Splunk enterprise and in another VM installed Splunk UF.. Assuming splunk enterprise VM is receiver and splunk UF VM is forwarder so I assigned splunk UF VM IP into splunk enterprise VM as a forwader with port 9997 ex: xx.xx.xxx:9997
Still not receiving any logs from UF vm I would like to know that procedure I am doing is it correct
Would be appreciate your kind support
Thanks in advance..

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Shakeer_Spl
Explorer

Thanks,

issue fixed there was problem with port 9997 reconfigured working fine.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In Splunk Enterprise, go to Settings->Forwarding and Receiving and enable receiving on port 9997.  No IP address assignments are necessary.

In the UF, configure the Splunk Enterprise address with the command

./splunk add forward-server <<ip address>>:9997

or edit /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/outputs.conf 

[tcpout:group1]
server=<<ip address>>:9997

and restart the UF.

See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/9.0.3/Forwarder/Configuretheuniversalforwarder for more information about configuring the UF.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Shakeer_Spl
Explorer

Thanks,

issue fixed there was problem with port 9997 reconfigured working fine.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...