Splunk Enterprise

How to Graph CPU usage of indexers over time?

DEADBEEF
Path Finder

I received this image from support and I would like to create a panel in my dashboard to mimic this information.  How would I go about doing that?  I was trying with the current query, but am not having luck.

index=_introspection data.normalized_pct_cpu=* sourcetype=splunk_resource_usage host=idx*
| stats avg(data.normalized_pct_cpu) AS cpu_usage BY host
| table host cpu_usage

indexer_cpu.png

I am using data.normalized_pct_cpu as the docs state that it is Percentage of CPU usage across all cores. 100% is equivalent to all CPU resources on the machine, which seems to be what I want but not sure if that is the best way to go about this.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Given that you graphic has a time component, perhaps this might work better for you

index=_introspection data.normalized_pct_cpu=* sourcetype=splunk_resource_usage host=idx*
| timechart avg(data.normalized_pct_cpu) AS cpu_usage BY host

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Given that you graphic has a time component, perhaps this might work better for you

| timechart avg(data.normalized_pct_cpu) AS cpu_usage BY host
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...