Splunk Enterprise

How do i set the SPLUNK_HOME location within splunk?

ITUser1
Explorer

Tags (2)
1 Solution

bandit
Motivator

/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf.default or the location of your install. Edit and uncomment the SPLUNK_HOME line below. Restart.

# Modify the following line to suit the location of your Splunk install.
# If unset, Splunk will use the parent of the directory this configuration
# file was found in
#
# SPLUNK_HOME=/home/build/build-home/6.2.1

View solution in original post

bandit
Motivator

/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf.default or the location of your install. Edit and uncomment the SPLUNK_HOME line below. Restart.

# If unset, Splunk will use the parent of the directory this configuration
# file was found in
#
# SPLUNK_HOME=/home/build/build-home/6.2.1

alanden_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
# If unset, Splunk will use the parent of the directory containing the splunk
# CLI executable.

It is set by default according to the comments in the file. Only change it if the Splunk home directory is not the parent directory of the CLI executable.

0 Karma

ITUser1
Explorer

Awesome that worked. Thank you.

0 Karma

ktmighty14

I'm having the same problem in ubuntu 18 , could you explain in steb by step procedure

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @ITUser1

Glad you found your answer through @rob_jordan 🙂 Don't forget to resolve this post by clicking on "Accept" directly below his answer and also upvoting it by clicking on the up arrow to the left of the answer. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...