Splunk Enterprise

How do I install an app on a server using the Splunk Deployment server? Appreciate your help !

SamHTexas
Builder

I have an app that needs to be installed on a particular server in our network. We have Splunk Ent.& ES. I need to learn how to install an app on this target server using my Deployment Server. I appreciate any instructions. Thank u

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First, please confirm the app to be installed is a Splunk app and the server is running a Splunk instance.

Second, the server in question needs to be a client of the DS.  Do that by installing a deploymentclient.conf file on the server and restarting Splunk  Make sure the .conf file contains the IP address of the DS.

Third, add the server to a server class on the DS.  You may want to make a new serverclass if the server has unique qualities.  Add the app to the server class and the server will download it the next time it phones home to the DS.

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...

Reminder! Splunk Love Promo: $25 Visa Gift Card for Your Honest SOAR Review With ...

We recently launched our first Splunk Love Special, and it's gone phenomenally well, so we're doing it again, ...