Splunk Enterprise

How do I deploy the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux to all Splunk servers?

danielbb
Motivator

I just realized that the NIX TA is being deployed to our forwarders via the deployment apps, to the indexers via the master apps and to the SHs via the SH apps. It was a surprise for me to realize that the TA is not being deployed to the deployment and deployer servers, the license master and the cluster master. And therefore, how can the TA be deployed to all Splunk servers?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

Thank you @richgalloway you are helpful as always

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I presume you want to install the TA on the DS, LM, CM, and SHCD so you can monitor the servers on which they run.  If so, you would have to install the TA on each of those instances manually because they are not clients of a management instance.

Another option is to use a third-party software management utility to install the app on all Splunk instances.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One more option is also to connect other Splunk machines to connect as clients of the deployment server to deploy these Apps.

* This is something people follow as practice, I don't find it helpful as it creates so much confusion managing apps and upgrading them.

A good option for automation (ex. ansible) if you have it in place, or manual.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...