Splunk Enterprise

Export and import project in Addon Builder

youneskhaldims
Observer

Hi community

I created an Addon based on the Addon Builder 3.01, in order to maintain this Addon, Splunk asked me to export the project and import it into the new version of Addon builder 4.0.

I tried to export the project from the old Add-on builder but i cannot see my Add-on :

youneskhaldims_0-1629453304237.png

I can see it under « Other apps and add-ons section :

youneskhaldims_1-1629453304287.png

Any idea what's the problem and how can i open it from the Addon builder page to avoid creating the Addon from scratch using the new version of the addon builder.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

joshiro
Communicator

We are having the same issue where older projects dont show up.
Have you managed to make it work?

0 Karma

kfennell
Engager

I have the same problem. Any fix.

I no longer have my custom add-on in my instance. So I tried to import it and I get the error "the <ADD-ON NAME> add-on project could not be imported becasue an add-on with this name already exists" 

Ok, but I can't edit/update my addon from where it is in 'other apps and add-ons'. It only gives me the features to validate & package, extraction, and mapping. None of which let's me edit code or change and bump the version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...