Splunk Enterprise

Error while integrating Splunk with LDAP

franciscof
Explorer

Hi guys, I´ve been trying to integrate Splunk with LDAP but I´m encountering this error:

franciscof_1-1613056179057.png

What could this be?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @franciscof,

Yes, Splunk first check if local users matches.  You can check the usernames/groups that comes from LDAP authentication on Setting | Users page. You will see all users with mapped roles and "Authentication System"

You may need to check the setting on "User name attribute"  inside LDAP Strategy. It is usually "samaccountname".

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you map groups to roles? Required LDAP groups should be mapped to a Splunk Role.

You can find documentation below;

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/Security/MapLDAPgroupstoSplunkroles 

0 Karma

franciscof
Explorer

Yes I did. My local user is the same as my LDAP user, could that be causing trouble? However, there are other users that have different local and LDAP users and they also cannot log in.

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @franciscof,

You may need to uncheck if "Enable referrals with anonymous bind only"  in Advanced settings;

scelikok_0-1613062506873.png

0 Karma

franciscof
Explorer

That solved the error, but even though the configuration is OK, Splunk is not authenticating through LDAP. I can only access Splunk through my local user. What could this be?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...