Splunk Enterprise

EXTRACTION OF FIELDS

sphiwee
Contributor

Can I please get the extraction of "14%" as memory used & "boot" as directory, thank you. 

[2020-11-17 11:33:43+0200] Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 2.0G 274M 1.8G 14% /boot

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

"\d+ --- one or more digits.... (it will match for 5%, 15% and 150% as well)"

|makeresults | eval log="[2020-11-17 11:33:43+0200] Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 2.0G 274M 1.8G 14% /boot" 
| rex field=log "(?<memoryUsed>\d+\%)\s(?<directory>.*)$" | table memoryUsed directory

rex-percentage.jpg

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @sphiwee if the issue resolved, can you please accept the above one as the solution.. if still there are any issues, pls let us know. thanks. 

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

"\d+ --- one or more digits.... (it will match for 5%, 15% and 150% as well)"

|makeresults | eval log="[2020-11-17 11:33:43+0200] Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 2.0G 274M 1.8G 14% /boot" 
| rex field=log "(?<memoryUsed>\d+\%)\s(?<directory>.*)$" | table memoryUsed directory

rex-percentage.jpg

sphiwee
Contributor

Am I able to convert that 14% to a piechart that shows only 14% space used? and how? kinda struggling to do it

0 Karma

sphiwee
Contributor

How do i get rid of the empty spaces above

sphiwee_0-1605611728434.png

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @sphiwee the empty spaces meaning no matches, .. did the splunk search matched on all logs? all the logs are in the same format ? 

please update the search query last portion...  "| table memoryUsed directory _raw"... so for the empty space, corresponding log lines can be seen.. copy paste those lines please...

sphiwee
Contributor

Hi @inventsekar 

i was able to fix it with this 

"| search memoryUsed=* OR directory=*" 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...