Splunk Enterprise

Defining new user in a new role with access to a specific index, does not show results

MoienABO
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi splunkers,

I've defined a new role and check all capabilities for that but just access to a specific index. when i search in that index, it doesn't show any results for me. With another user and another role i can search in that index. Something wired is when i change the user role to for example "user", the search results shown. is there a limit in number of roles can be defined in splunk? How can i troubleshoot these kindes of permissions in splunk logs?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

MoienABO
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for your answer

all capabilities for that role are checked and in "indexes" section, cisco-asa, cisco-devices, cisco-ise, dhcp, fortigate and waf are checked. Here is a picture of authorize.conf:

Capture.PNG

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And which index is the one you're trying to access and can't?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

MoienABO
Loves-to-Learn Lots

All of indexes listed above

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The number of roles defined is not the issue.  Either the role or the user is defined incorrectly.  Please share the settings for the role, in particular the "indexes" tab.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...