Splunk Enterprise

DB Connect MSAL4j library

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

How to add MSAL4J.jar to DB_Connect.

I am getting error:

Failed to load MSAL4J Java library for performing ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal authentication.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - Are you trying to do Windows Authentication? That is supported in DB connect by default.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Createandmanageidentities 

Otherwise, DB Connect only supports putting Java DB driver files inside drivers directory - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers 

I hope this helps!!!!

0 Karma

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

No. 

It's: jdbc:sqlserver://hostname.kusto.windows.net:1433;databaseName=DBName;selectMethod=cursor;encrypt=true;hostNameInCertificate=*.kusto.windows.net;authentication=ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal;

And I have
aadSecurePrincipalId (clientID)
aadSecurePrincipalSecret

In drivers dir I have: mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11.jar

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...