Splunk Enterprise

DB Connect MSAL4j library

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

How to add MSAL4J.jar to DB_Connect.

I am getting error:

Failed to load MSAL4J Java library for performing ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal authentication.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - Are you trying to do Windows Authentication? That is supported in DB connect by default.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Createandmanageidentities 

Otherwise, DB Connect only supports putting Java DB driver files inside drivers directory - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers 

I hope this helps!!!!

0 Karma

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

No. 

It's: jdbc:sqlserver://hostname.kusto.windows.net:1433;databaseName=DBName;selectMethod=cursor;encrypt=true;hostNameInCertificate=*.kusto.windows.net;authentication=ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal;

And I have
aadSecurePrincipalId (clientID)
aadSecurePrincipalSecret

In drivers dir I have: mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11.jar

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...