Splunk Enterprise

DB Connect MSAL4j library

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

How to add MSAL4J.jar to DB_Connect.

I am getting error:

Failed to load MSAL4J Java library for performing ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal authentication.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - Are you trying to do Windows Authentication? That is supported in DB connect by default.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Createandmanageidentities 

Otherwise, DB Connect only supports putting Java DB driver files inside drivers directory - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.15.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers 

I hope this helps!!!!

0 Karma

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi,

No. 

It's: jdbc:sqlserver://hostname.kusto.windows.net:1433;databaseName=DBName;selectMethod=cursor;encrypt=true;hostNameInCertificate=*.kusto.windows.net;authentication=ActiveDirectoryServicePrincipal;

And I have
aadSecurePrincipalId (clientID)
aadSecurePrincipalSecret

In drivers dir I have: mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11.jar

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jbanAtSplunk - It's not documented anywhere what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest opening a Splunk support ticket with Splunk.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...