Splunk Enterprise

Cannot import non-existent application:

Gregski11
Contributor

I mean I don't even know where to start with this Error, lol

Of course you can not import something that does not exist, it's like me saying I can not eat the cake that does not exist on my table.

Anyway how do I go about find this application, looks like it gave me a name of it, does it look defaultish to you all or is this something we rolled ourselves?

WARN ApplicationManager [0 MainThread] - Cannot import non-existent application: __globals__

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And when are you getting this warning? And where?

0 Karma

Gregski11
Contributor

sorry about that Rick I am usually more better than this, so the error shows up in the Splunkd.log on one of our ver 9.0.0 Windows platform Search Heads right after we restart Splunk:

INFO loader [0 MainThread] - win-service: Starting as a Windows service: will run various system checks first...
INFO loader [0 MainThread] - win-service: Splunk starting as a local administrator
INFO loader [0 MainThread] - Automatic migration of modular inputs
WARN ApplicationManager [0 MainThread] - Cannot import non-existent application: __globals__
INFO loader [0 MainThread] - win-service: Command pre-flight-checks ran successfully.
INFO loader [0 MainThread] - win-service: Command check-xml-files ran successfully.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...