Splunk Enterprise

Alternative to set bindDN password via WebUI

christian_l
Path Finder

Hey community,

I have the situation that I need to set a bindDN password with special characters for the LDAP authentication without using the WebUI.

I'm aware on the fact, that I can set the password in cleartext via authentication.conf - unfortunately it seems the special charaters within the password confuse Splunk. This results in the fact that each hash for the several LDAP strategies look different - even if its the same password. Also the authentication does not work at all. Unfortunately I cannot use the WebUI to set the password.

I currently could image two solutions:

1. Is there a way to escape the special characters within the bindDN password within authentication.conf?

2. Is there a war so set the password via a CLI command, I wasn't able to find so far?

Any ideas?

Thank you

Regards,

Christian

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...