Splunk Enterprise

After ADDING LICENSE I CANNOT SEARCH

pacifikn
Communicator

Greetings!!!

Hello everyone, I have got an issue after ADDING LICENSE  trial ,I CANNOT SEARCH WHEN SEARCHING i got this error:  5 errors occured while the search was executing. therefore search results might be incomplete.

* [splunkindexer1] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. renew your splunk license by visiting www.splunk/com /store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

* * [splunkindexer2] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. renew your splunk license by visiting www.splunk/com /store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

* * [splunkindexer3] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. renew your splunk license by visiting www.splunk/com /store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

* * [splunkindexer4] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. renew your splunk license by visiting www.splunk/com /store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

* [splunkindexer5] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. renew your splunk license by visiting www.splunk/com /store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

It shows the above error and after installing the license trial and restart splunk; I also restarted splunkforwarders service ,  I got the above error while I search in "search&reporting app" and other new error which shows me many DMC alert is disabled? this may cause to not searching and showing the above error to all indexers? Kindly help me on this?

, Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

hoaxm3
Path Finder

So licensing in Splunk is a little odd. Basically, you need to remove your trial license, then upload your purchased license. Primarily it is due to license violations as a total sum, instead of ignoring violations once the new license is added. Talk with your Splunk rep as well if the issue is not resolved. Just remember to remove that trial license.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...