Splunk Enterprise Security

Why does error "Empty csv lookup file (contains only header) for table asset_lookup_by cidr" appear on indexers when using the Splunk App for Unix and Linux?

TWiseOne
Path Finder

HI,

I recently deployed Splunk Enterprise Security 4.5 into a Search Head Cluster and whenever I use the Splunk App for Unix and Linux, I am getting the below error from all indexers:

[PROD-XX-X] Empty csv lookup file (contains only a header) for table 'asset_lookup_by_cidr': /opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/57E9834B-43B4-41D0-A3BD-042A352C4C79-1480672942/apps/SA-IdentityManagement/lookups/assets_by_cidr.csv

After investigations using http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/4.5.0/User/AssetandIdentityMerging the assets_by_cidr.csv does not get updated as the search that populates it returns no values. It looks like it is meant to be empty, at least on this system, due to missing cidr information on the asset list.

How can I stop this error appearing whenever I use the Splunk App for Unix and Linux on a SH cluster?

Thanks

1 Solution

TWiseOne
Path Finder

In order to fix this I added a single line of dummy information to the assets.csv file which had the CIDR block at the end of the IP address. I updated the file on the Deployer and pushed it out to the SHC, did a rolling restart and now the error has disappeared.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

TWiseOne
Path Finder

In order to fix this I added a single line of dummy information to the assets.csv file which had the CIDR block at the end of the IP address. I updated the file on the Deployer and pushed it out to the SHC, did a rolling restart and now the error has disappeared.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...